CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Seven months


Today was Kendall's seven month birthday. She is working hard on learning to crawl right now. Actually, she's got the whole mobility thing down to quite a science. She gets up on all fours and moves forward a "step" or two and then lunges forward onto her belly. Then she army crawls some and then repeats the whole process again and again until she gets where she wants to go. All the while her little hands are reaching, reaching for whatever they can find. Oh, and sometimes she throws in this bear walk move where she gets up on her hands and feet, and then there's the occasional roll as well. It's pretty entertaining to watch her make her way across the floor to get ahold of a toy or check something out. She also pulls up to a kneeling position now and can go from lying to sitting by herself. She's quite the mover! That's probably part of the reason why she is still in size 2 diapers and can still wear some of her 3-6 month clothes. But she is eating and sleeping well and her reflux seems to be getting better too. She is finally off the Bethanechol, which basically helped her food to digest quicker, but is still taking Axid, an acid reducer, twice a day. I think after her 9 month appointment we are supposed to take her off that as well, so we'll see how that goes. A lot of people comment on how much she smiles and how happy she is, which is so true most of the time, but Scott and I always laugh when someone says that because she can also be quite the little "rager" as we say. When she is mad or upset she is not afraid to let you know about it! As difficult as it can be to deal with, as her mother I have to believe that I can somehow nurture that "rage" into a positive quality one day. She has recently been experiencing separation anxiety, especially when I take her to Bible class. She is usually OK for a minute after I leave, but when she realizes I am gone, she screams and cries so hard and nothing calms her down but me. How did I end up with two Momma's girls? I love it, but sometimes it's not such a good thing. Luckily we had a breakthrough last night at church and they actually were able to calm her down after a few minutes and they said she was happy as a lark for the rest of class-Yay! For the most part though, she is just getting to be more and more fun. She laughs and interacts with Avery, babbles and talks to you, and is so easily amused and entertained. As always, I am enjoying this stage but looking forward to watching her grow and seeing what the future holds!

0 comments: