CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 08, 2008

School Days

First Day of School- Sept. 08 (2yrs. 5 mo)
First Day of School- Sept. 07 (17 mo.)

Today was Avery's first day of school for the year at Richland Hills Church of Christ. I decided to take her picture this morning in the same spot I took it last year so I could compare. It would have been better if she had been standing up in last year's picture, but I remember thinking I was doing good at the time just getting her to sit there for me to take her picture at all. It's amazing to me how much older and bigger she looks this year. She is becoming a little girl and is losing her baby look! I took my camera up to the school today with every intention of taking some pictures, but it is just so crazy with all the kids, strollers, backpacks and nap mats-- plus I was more concerned about telling Avery's teachers a few last minute things and getting her all settled in. She had such awesome teachers last year that it was a little difficult to give them up! Actually, it was probably more difficult for me. Avery gave one of her teachers a hug this morning and then gave her a high five and said and waved goodbye this afternoon, so I think she was fine with the transition. She has a lot of the same kids in her class this year and she is actually in the same classroom that she was in this summer, so I think that made it easier. Although she says all the time that she wants to be a doctor when she grows up, I'm not so sure there's not some teaching in her future with the way that she enjoys pretending to be her teachers and instructing her pretend class how to make things. I think she is going to have a great year and I am looking forward to hearing about her days at school and seeing all the new things she is learning!

1 comments:

Cheryl said...

Next thing you know you will be taking her picture there for Pre-K or Kindergarten. It happens so fast! She is SO cute! You are so blessed!