CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 22, 2008

A Day in the Life

My sister-in-law, who is a Creative Memories consultant, used to (and maybe still does) include a monthly calendar and/or daily schedule in her scrapbooks so she could look back and remember what day-to-day life was like for their family. I always really liked this feature and so I've decided to try and include something similar in our blog from time to time. This time I think I'll share just a typical day for the Bedicheks at this point in our lives. Hang on because it's likely to be a long one!

Monday, September 22, 2008

6:15 AM Kendall wakes up and starts playing and making noise in her crib. I ignore it since she's happy and try to get a little more sleep.
7:00 AM Scott brings Kendall to me before he leaves for work. I nurse her in bed, still trying to sleep a little bit.
7:30 AM I throw on some clothes, brush hair, put on some makeup (my personal hygeine standards are a little lower these days). Get Kendall dressed.
7:50 AM Wake Avery up for school and get her dressed. We all eat breakfast.
8:35 AM Can't find keys! Begin frantically searching for them so I won't be stuck at home all day w/ both children! Call Scott and leave message asking what he did w/ them after church yesterday.
8:55 AM Found keys- yay! Take Avery to school.
9:25 AM Leave the church to run some errands. Target- I scored some new shoes w/ my b-day $ and picked up a few groceries. Linens N Things and Kohls- looking for decoartions for the girls' newly decorated bathroom. Got Kendall a sound machine on sale.
11:00 AM Return home. make a few phone calls and perform damage control on the house from this morning.
11:30 AM Nurse Kendall and do a few chores.
12:15 PM Kendall and I eat lunch.
12:30 PM Put Kendall down for a nap. I get on the computer to take care of some financial stuff, read e-mails, begin this blog entry.
1:40 PM Wake Kendall up so we can go get Avery. Wonder why the drop off AND pick up times fall right during Kendall's nap times!
2:00 PM Pick up Avery. We hang out at the church for a while since Avery has a 3:00 Dr's appt. for a repeat urine culture.
2:45 PM Drag Avery away from the playscape so I can change Kendall's dirty diaper before we go. Avery cries and whines almost the whole time we're in the bathroom. I have a lurking suspicion that her not taking a nap at school is a major factor in the whining. Remind Avery that no nap means early to bed.
3:00 PM Attempt to catch Avery's tee-tee in a tiny cup at the Dr's office. Feed Kendall a bottle while we wait 45 minutes for the Dr. to come in and talk to us. Thankfully, Avery actually likes going to the Dr. and is very cooperative the entire time. Avery chooses a sucker that makes her lips and mouth turn blue. On the way home, she tells me about 5 times how good it is.
4:15 PM Return home and play with the girls.
4:30 PM Attempt to get Kendall down for a 3rd nap so she won't have a meltdown later when I'm trying to cook dinner. No luck!
5:15 PM We go out to check the mail and for a short walk.
5:30 PM Start making dinner with Avery's "help." About 5-10 minutes in, Kendall begins having the aforementioned meltdown.
5:45 PM Scott gets home and puts Kendall down for a nap. Yay for husbands!
6:00 PM Dinner.
6:40 PM Wake Kendall up and pray that the late nap does not cause her to stay awake too late.
Feed Kendall dinner.
7:00 PM We all go out back to play.
7:15 PM I come in to give Kendall a bath.
7:45 PM Avery and Scott come in. Show Scott and Avery Kendall's new "trick"- waving back at you! Scott gets Avery ready for bed while I feed Kendall and put her to bed.
8:05 PM Read and sing to Avery.
8:20 PM Eat ice cream that Scott just picked up at Braum's and talk about his day.
8:45 PM Finish this blog entry and time for me!

So there you have it. The good and the bad-- a day with the Bedicheks!

1 comments:

Alexis said...

Love this post! It's nice to know that my life isn't the only crazy one! I may have to post my own schedule on the blog!