CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 01, 2008

Turkey Day

This year we had Thanksgiving with Scott's family at his brother's house in Coppell, TX. It was nice to just make the short drive over there, spend the day, and then come home and sleep in our own beds. When there are 11 adults and 5 kids in one house, albeit a large house, the day is always busy since it is 3-ring circus of sorts. But this year Scott and I both felt like it went by especially fast, partly becasue this year we had 2 children to keep up with and take care of amid the chaos, and partly because we had our Bedichek Christmas on Thanksgiving evening. This year we decided that all the "adult" kids would do a dirty Santa gift card exchange instead of drawing names or buying couples' gifts. Since Scott's sister and her husband were in from San Diego and we all had to be present to play the dirty Santa game, we just went ahead and gave Scott's parents and the neices presents too. The dirty Santa game was a lot of fun and sure simplified my shopping. I would highly recommend it to anyone with a large family. Scott and I both walked away with the gift cards we purchased to begin with: $50 to Amazon.com for Scott and $50 to Kohls for me--yay! Avery and Kendall racked up a pile of great toys that they are thoroughly enjoying too. I decided that opening some of their gifts early was a really good thing, because honestly I think all those toys all at once is a little overwhelming to such small children. I almost had to force Avery to open them as it was because she just wanted to start playing. And to close, a list of each of our favorite things about Thanksgiving Day: Avery- getting a pedicure from 5 yr. old cousin Brooklyn, Kendall- bouncing on the trampoline, Heather-spending time with family , Scott- "watching my daughters and neices play". Priceless!
Avery liked watching her cousins play their DS games and depleting Aunt Sheila's stock of M&Ms

Cousins Bailey, Braden, and Brooklyn ganging up on their DadAvery, Scott, Kendall, Mike and Tom were watching the action

Scott and Kendall jumping on the trampoline
Kendall the trampoline baby
Avery and cousin Brooklyn in action Kendall checking out one of her presentsAvery's new tea set

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your girls are growing so fast. They are so cute. I love your idea about opening some Christmas early. It is so overwhelming on Christmas day. We miss yall.