CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 15, 2008

Avery's December

Avery in her PJ's for Polar Express/Pajama Day

I feel like a lot of my recent posts are about Kendall and Avery has only gotten a brief mention, so I decided to do a post solely about what my older daughter has been up to lately. This is a good month to do it because she has actually had a lot going on. Monday she had Polar Express/Pajama Day at school. Last year she didn't get to participate in this event because she was only going to school once a week, so she was really excited to do it today. I'm not sure what the two year olds did that was actually related to Polar Express because Avery said they didn't read the book or watch the movie. She said they watched Frosty the Snowman. . . hmmmm. she did come home with a Polar Express ticket in her backpack though. While I'm on the topic of school, I have to mention that last week she received the good helper award during music class and also got some special praise from her teachers for being the only child that followed their directions when they went to play on the Playscape. Way to go Avery! A couple of weekends ago, Avery go to go out to the stable to see Kola (my sister's horse) w/ Amy and my parents. She has ridden Kola once before, but this time was really special because she actually rode Kola by herself! She was so excited and proud of herself when she got back home. She couldn't wait to tell us about it and to show us the pictures. Tomorrow they have their Christmas party at school and then I guess she will be eagerly awaiting the arrival of Santa next week! Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

KT said...

Watch out! She'll be asking for her very own horse next and then you'll have to get one. Then it will end up costing you a fortune and you'll regret your purchase....oh wait, that was me!

Anonymous said...

I love the story of the Polar Express at school. I will ask Avery Caroline everyday what she did at school and she will say nothing or say something very off the wall. How fun for her to ride a horse!!! Have a great Christmas!