Shortly after we put Josie down, Scott and I decided we wanted another dog and I began the search. I thought about and looked at a few other breeds, but we ultimately decided that labs just couldn't be beat and that getting another one was the way to go. After quite a bit of searching, I came across a litter of lab puppies east of Dallas that would be ready to go to homes right before Christmas. So I jumped on the opportunity, and Scott and I went on a secret mission at the beginning of December to check out the puppies and possibly pick one out. We liked what we saw and ended up picking out a soft, calm golden colored male. It was hard to keep the secret until Christmas, but also really exciting and a lot of fun. On Christmas Eve day, we piled the kids in the car under the pretense that we were going to pick up a surprise Christmas present for me from Scott. Once we got near the house where the puppies were, we pulled over and gave the kids a present to open, which contained a dog bed, a squeaky toy, and a framed picture of the puppy. They were in disbelief, but were so excited! They took turns holding him on the way to Mimi and Poppi's house to introduce him to them. After playing and taking some pictures at their house, we headed home with our new little guy. The first order of business once at home was deciding on a name. Some of the options thrown out there were Rowdy, Caramel, Noah, and Champion (Champ). After a democratic vote, we decided on Noah Rowdy Bedichek. So far he is settling in nicely and we are having so much fun with him! He of course has a lot of energy and has accidents in the house, but overall he seems a little calmer than Josie was as a puppy and defintely does better than she did in the crate at night! We love our Noah!!!
Friday, June 22, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















0 comments:
Post a Comment