CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 19, 2007

My list

OK, so a lot of the girls from our young families class back in Edmond have been posting lists on their blogs entitled, "100 Things About Me". After reading a bunch of them I decided to join in. It has taken me almost a week to finish this list, but I have to follow through and finish things I start. You can count that as number 101!

100 Things About Me

1. I became a Christian at age 14.
2. I was baptized at Pine Springs Church camp in New Mexico.
3. I am so thankful that I was raised in a Christian home and grew up in th Church of Christ.
4. I am also very thankful for the faithfulness of my in-laws, their work with the church, and the way they raised my husband.
5. I admire my husband's biblical knowledge.
6. Scott inspires me to be a better Christian.
7. I pray daily for my children's salvation.
8. I loved the young families class at Edmond Church of Christ and hope to find a new church home soon!
9. I was born in Plano, TX but grew up in Lubbock, TX.
10. Since I grew up in Lubbock I have a strange fondness of tumbleweeds, the smell of a cattle feed lot, and the flat land there where you can see forever.
11. My best friend growing up lived next door and was named Heather Ann-- I am Heather Mary Anne.
12. I competed in gymnastics from age 4 through 6th grade, then I continued gymnastics classes through high school for cheerleading .
13. I placed 7th at the Nationals Tumbling Meet in Ogden, Utah.
14. I took dance classes-- ballet, jazz and tap-- from age 4 through 9th grade.
15. I competed in baton twirling for 2 years and won lots of trophies!
16. I played tennis from 5th grade through 8th grade.
17. I usually beat Scott when we play tennis.
18. I lived in 4 houses and 2 town houses from birth through high school.
19. I had a Lhasa Apso named Sandy after the dog in the movie Annie.
20. I loved Annie and have seen it too many times to count.
21. I had the Annie dollhouse, dolls, tape and wig, which I would wear while I sang the songs on the tape!
22. I loved playing with baby dolls, but I also liked playing in the dirt with my Tonka trucks.
23. I went to ACU and loved it.
24. I wish I could go back in time and spend a week or two living with my college friends.
25. My junior and senior years we lived in an awesome (by college standards)4 bedroom house on the creek with a huge porch.
26. I was a cheerleader in junior high and high school.
27. My high school squad was co-ed and we went to Nationals my junior year.
28. I used to be a little obsessive about working out and what I ate.
29. In high school I was on a commercial for a podiatrist; my best friend and I were playing tennis on it.
30. My Sr. year of high school I was an FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) officer.
31. I was good at math and took Calculus in high school, but it wasn't my favorite subject.
32. I graduated 6th in my high school class of over 400.
33. I was a member of Delta Theta women's social club at ACU.
34. I was the secretary for Delta Theta my senior year.
35. In college I dressed up as a biker chick, a flapper, a bridesmaid, a geisha, a Nascar fan, a geenie, a sailor, and a kid going to the circus for club functions and/or Sing Song.
36. I had 3 different majors in college, none of which became my actual career-- Physical Therapy, Elementary Education, and English Education.
37. I worked on campus in the Admissions Records Office.
38. The year after I graduated, I worked as a receptionist for a shipping company for a few months and then as a substitute teacher for most of the school year.
39. I graduated salutatorian of my class at ACU.
40. I earned a Master's in Comunication Sciences and Disorders (Speech pathology) from Univ. of Central OK in 2004.
41. I worked as a school speech pathologist for 2 years.
42. I worked part-time for Sooner Start- OK's early intervention program-- after I had Avery.
43. The 8 months that I nursed Avery was so special to me.
44. I love seeing her smile, laugh, and hearing her call me Mommy. (except when she does it incessantly to get my attention.
45. Sometimes I dance for her to make her laugh.
46. I am a little obsessive about her appearance.
47. I love to hear her say her grandparent's names and to see her interact with them.
48. My love for Scott increased tenfold when I saw him become a father.
49. I will be married 8 years tomorrow- July 24th.
50. I am 10 weeks pregnant and I am starting to get a little belly already.
51. I love ice cream.
52. I also love shrimp, crab, and lobster.
53. I like to cook but it is harder now that I have Avery wanting my attention.
54. I like to scrapbook but have to really be in the mood to do it.
55. I really hate ironing and mopping.
56. I like organizing and keeping things neat.
57. I like riding roller coasters.
58. I love watching OU football, especially in person.
59. I learned most of what I know about football from Scott.
60. I cried when Scott got into dental school.
61. Seeing him graduate from dental school was one of the proudest days of my life.
62. I love snow skiing.
63. I have been skiing 8 times-- Angel Fire, Taos, Crested Butte (twice), Ruidoso, Red River (twice), Veil and Beaver Creek (same trip).
64. I like being a stay-at-home Mom but get bored sometimes.
65. I miss Edmond and Oklahoma City.
66. I like reading but haven't made time to do it lately.
67. My primary love language is quality time.
68. I like living so close to family now.
69. I have taken several cross country trips with my family.
70. One of them was just me and my parents in an El Camino driving from Lubbock to North Carolina. I was 12 or 13- how mortifying!
71. I want to have 3 kids.
72. I am good at giving massages.
73. I am a nurturing person.
74. I have only been to one other country, Mexico.
75. I hope to do a lot more traveling one day.
76. I would love to have a lake house with an outdoor kitchen, or at least an outdoor fireplace and dining table.
77. Target is one of my favorite stores-- I go there at least once a week.
78. Fall is my favorite season.
79. I will turn 30 in about a month.
80. I had a Siamese cat named Sam. It was originally Samantha but then I found out it was a male cat. I made him do gymnastics sometimes.
81. We have a 5 yr. old yellow lab named Josie and she was my 1st "baby".
82. I used to run for exercise and I continued running through my 1st trimester of pregnancy with Avery.
83. I have run probably ten times or less since.
84. I loved dong pilates with the girls from the Edmond Young Families Class-- it helped me get back my pre-baby body and beyond!
85. I had 7 Cabbage Patch dolls when I was little and I still know all their names.
86. As a kid, I would only eat pancakes and waffles if they had peanut butter on them. I still like them this way but with syrup too.
87. I didn't drink hardly any caffeine until I was in college.
88. I really like to drink Dr. Pepper and sweet tea-- but now I try not to since I'm pregnant.
89. I'm not doing as good with the no caffeine thing with this baby as I did with Avery.
90. I still like the Muppets-- especially the Muppet Show and the Muppet movies.
91. I kind of like watching cartoons with Avery.
92. I had braces 2 times and wore glasses for a while.
93. I peeked at some of my Christmas presents one year with the help of my older sister by partially unwrapping them.
94. I wished I hadn't done that because it really did ruin it.
95. I've had 2 surprise birthday parties thrown for me.
96. In youth group I hung out mostly with guys.
97. I dated one of them on and off for 3 years.
98. I want to go on a cruise someday.
99. I really want to go to Hawaii, Yellowstone, Disney World, California in general, New York at Christmas time, Europe, and go back to Washington, DC.
100. I am thankful that I live in America.




5 comments:

Alexis said...

#24 is my favorite b/c I think about that often! I miss my roomies!

holman said...

ditto to what alexis said!

Milly said...

My favorite is number 68. I like having the opportunity to be with you, Scott, and Avery. I love watching your lives bloom with success and flower open to a bright future. I love watching you as parents and listening to Avery's new adventures, language, and discoveries. I like how we grow and move through life together as family, inseparable in the heart.

Audrey said...

So glad you did this. We miss you guys so much! I literally laughed out loud at the cat doing gymnastics. I am still laughing!

KT said...

I had braces twice too! Funny the things you have in common with people that you would never know if you hadn't done this. Oh and I definitely miss Edmond too!