CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Quick Rant

Today Avery and I went swimming at the neighborhood pool. Afterwards I took her over to the little playground to "side- whee!" (slide-whee!) and there was another Mom there with her kids plus a few others she was watching. As I'm walking over with Avery she says, "Wow, she's big! How old is she?" I might expect a comment like this from someone who is not a parent, but i couldn't believe another Mom would say that! Maybe I'm just a little sensitive about it since, as I stated in my "list", i am a little obsessive about her appearance and she is a little chunky, but still. I know I shouldn't let things like that bother me and that she didn't mean anything by it, but I guess my pregnancy hormones are getting the best of me. OK, so I hope I haven't said anything like this about any of your kids and if so, Im sorry!

7 comments:

Audrey said...

Just take it as a compliment. You could have said, "Wow, your kids are so skinny, don't you feed them?" :)

Alexis said...

Avery is just perfect! She is not overweight by any means. Kids at this age vary in size ALOT! Please don't worry about how she looks...when she gets closer to 2 years old, she will start lengthening out! I promise! That lady who said that should be shot! I can't believe she would say that.

Noe Family said...

Oh my...Avery is not big. She was probably just jealous of how cute Avery is!!

momdadz said...

Thank you Alexis and Andrea. Avery is just perfect! I think the lady needs a lesson in child development. Please don't worry as someone once said something unkind to me about you and Amy. I worried for nothing!! You Do have eyelashes and Amy Doesn't wear a size 11 shoe. Love you guys. See you Friday.

KT said...

People say this about Quin too. She is always 90-95% on the charts. I try to ignore b/c I don't want her to grow up with a poor self image. Just be happy she's healthy, but I definitely feel your pain!

K said...

Well at least she's not in the 10% range like little tiny Oliver. Me and my skim milk. Maybe he'll fatten up when he starts eating table food in a year. Avery is SOOOO cute!

Chrissey said...

I;ve already been getting comments like that about Kellan. Saying he looks like he's 6 months old, when he's just now 3 months! Rielyn was always off the charts for her weight and low in height. But, as you can see now she's grown out of it. Avery is adorable!