I am 36 weeks pregnant and have finally reached the last month of this pregnancy! I went to the doctor today and the ultrasound measurements showed that Judson is already 6 lbs 12 oz- Whoa! My doctor said that he would induce at 39 wks, around May 25th, if I have not delivered by then. But given that babies gain up to half a pound a week at this point, Judson may still be 8.5 lbs when he is born. I know people have babies this size all the time, but I had a very rough delivery and recovery with Avery at 7 lbs 14 oz, so 8.5 lbs sounds scary to me! I think I'm going to start praying that either the 6 lb 12 oz estimate was off a bit, or that he comes at 37 or 38 weeks. I'm leaning more towards just praying that he comes sooner because I have thought all along that he seemed bigger than my girls, so i think that the weight estimate is probably pretty close. Not to mention that fact that I am feeling pretty uncomfortable now with all the back pain, pelvic pressure, difficulty sleeping, and going to the bathroom constantly. My doctor could barely get the head measurements on the ultrasound because Judson's head is so far down in my pelvis- no wonder I can barely bend over and I'm starting to waddle now! In fact, Scott has started calling my belly "the diving submarine" because it's hanging so low now. Well, at least I know that I will be finished with the pregnancy and get to meet my little boy in about 3 wks! Luckily it's moving by pretty quickly since we are a busy family right now. Avery still has soccer practice and games, Scott's still teaching Financial Peace University, Mother's Day is this weekend, and we've got a carpet cleaning, Kindergarten registration, and Pre-K graduation on the calendar for next week. Hopefully we will get the accent table in the nursery painted this weekend and then I can post some pics of Judson's finished room. Here are my 36 week belly pics-- look out!
The "diving submarine" @ 36 wks. If you look at it from the front it really is down-turned!



0 comments:
Post a Comment