CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Home alone (2 days ago)


I have to preface this by saying that I started this post on Saturday (2 days ago), and I'm just now getting around to finishing it. The best way I can describe life right now is like a pendulum, swinging from feeling like I have it somewhat together to feeling overwhelmed and exhausted the next moment or next day. But I am constantly praying for perspective, patience and energy so that I can enjoy this time in my life that I know I will later look back on with fondness!

playing golf with Daddy in the back yard
My big baby and my itsy-bitsy one
hanging out in big sister's room
Avery sporting her new dress up hat

Today (Saturday) has been my official first day to take care of both my girls by myself. Scott is with his parents and brother all day listening to Dave Ramsey (the Financial peace University guy) at Reunion Arena over in Dallas. I guess it's pretty sad that this is my first day alone with both of them considering that Kendall is almost 2 weeks old now, but having my Mom (and sometimes my Dad) here to help during the day sure was nice. Both of them are actually sleeping right now, which was no easy feat, but it was worth the trouble so I could take a little nap and have some free time. My luck with Avery falling asleep on her own at naptime ran out and we are now down to taking a ride in the car as about the only way to get her to nap. Although, somehow they get her to lie on her nap mat at school and take at least a short nap on school days--Go figure:) So I think I'll stick to the car rides for Avery's nap until Kendall is sleeping through the night or at least not waking up as much so I can nap during the day too. Then we may just have to institute rest time and an earlier bed time. The day has gone pretty smoothly so far, minus some chaos at lunch time. So far Kendall has been a pretty good baby except for the fact that she does have some bouts with gas-how lovely! Luckily, it's usually an on and off fussing/crying sort of thing for no more than an hour or two and not incessant wailing. Thank goodness for Mylicon and thank goodness it brings her relief! Other than that, when she's awake, she is normally content to sit in the bouncy seat watching what's going on or being held by Avery and listening to her talk and sing songs. It has been really fun to see Avery interact with her, even if she does almost poke her eye out ten times a day or crush her when giving her hugs.

Today (Monday) I was with the girls by myself all day, well actually since 8:00 last night, because Scott had to make a trip up to Oklahoma to see some patients. We had a great day and I even managed to get both girls out of the house for a while to enjoy the warm weather at the park. Tomorrow I take Kendall for her 2 week check-up, so I'll have to try and post soon about how much she has grown and also post some new pics.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

It does get better, I promise. i remember feeling like that when Jillian came home. Now they are almost 7 and 5. They play together well (most of the time), and it's nice that they are so close in age that they like the same things. I will pray for you that you will get some good sleep so that you can enjoy them while they are still babies. It really does go by SO fast. They are both so cute. You are truly blessed. We love you guys!

amy ahrens said...

It really does get easier! Hattie had some regressions at first and I thought I'd lose my mind. Even though Anderson is only 3 months old, they totally entertain each other.

Nicole said...

congratulations! I think you are great parents and your girls are beautiful!