CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 18, 2008

One week old

Well, it was one week ago today that Miss Kendall entered the world. Here are a few pictures we have taken over the past week.reading a book with my girls the day
we came home from the hospital
Avery loves holding her little sister
hanging out in her crib
rocking with Daddy

In celebration of Kendall's one-week birthday, here's a little account of her birth. We arrived at Baylor-Grapevine hospital around 7:30 AM last Monday. After the nurses got me all set up with monitors, IV, etc. my Dr. broke my water around 9:00 AM. I made slow but steady progress through the morning and then got my epidural around 1:00 PM. By 4:00 I was dilated to a 7 and about 45 minutes later, to a 10. My Dr. made me wait until about 5:40 to push so that Kendall would "labor-down" on her own as much as possible. At 6:01 PM she entered the world, 'sunny side up" with a bump on her head from coming out facing the wrong way. She also had a blister on her hand from sucking it so much in the womb! Crazy!

She has been a pretty easy baby so far, mostly just eating, sleeping, and pooping. She sleeps a lot, but like Avery, has a few periods a day where she is so alert and just seems to be taking it all in. She is nursing well and we have had several nights with a 4-5 hr stretch between feedings, so we can't complain. My Mom has been helping me out during the day, so I've been able to get in some naps as well. Avery is adjusting about as well as can be expected for a 22 month old. She loves to hold Kendall, it's just not always at the most convenient times and she gets upset when it can't happen. As I expected, the hardest part is just trying to meet both my girls physical needs and still get in some quality time with each one. And sadly, the hardest part is yet to come since I haven't spent more than an hour or two alone with both of them so far! I'm not going to promise anything, but I will try my best to continue posting pictures as Kendall grows and changes, and of course pics of my sweet Avery too!

5 comments:

KT said...

She is so beautiful! Congrats!! How do you manage to look so great after just giving birth? Hope things continue to go well. Looks like you've got it all taken care of! Good luck!

Cindy said...

What great pics. She is beautiful. Sounds like you are really lucky getting some 4-5 hours a night of sleep. Hope it continues for you. Avery is growing so fast.

Alexis said...

What a beautiful family you guys are! I'm so glad things are going well! I can't wait to meet her in person!

Jeny said...

We are so excited about Baby Kendall! It sounds like things are going great! I am so glad! I think babies are so much fun!

K said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations!